Why do all the Democrats want to raise taxes?
It isn’t to raise revenue, as it has been shown repeatedly that high taxes de-incentivize growth and incentivize the wealthiest to use tax shelters.
The real reasons:
* Punish people who generate wealth – punish the winners. (70% tax rates are economically unsound)
* Slow down or stop economic growth
* Reduce the means for ordinary people to solve their own problems (emergency funds, insurance, charitable giving)
* Reduce the number of available jobs (combined with minimum wage increase programs, increase despair, despondence, and next -> )
* Increase dependency on the Federal government (welfare programs, solving government created “crisis” situations)
* Lock in a dependent voter base
* Create “crisis” situations that the Left can be the national saviors to solve (and grab more power)
* Grow the Government as a percentage of economic output to maximize power
* Join with Paris Accords and “Green New Deal” efforts to stagnate or recess economic production
* Meet Club of Rome targets
* A weak, impoverished United States, and a weak, impoverished world is easy to control
The Democrat vision of America is a nation with no economic growth, plain and simple, where all is taken from the able, and none is given according to ne