(CNN)A Florida judge on Monday blocked the release of certain records related to the death investigation of actor and comedian Bob Saget.
According to court minutes obtained by CNN affiliate WKMG, Ninth Judicial Circuit Judge Vincent Chiu granted the Saget family’s petition for the permanent injuction.
The judge’s decision came nearly a month after Saget’s family filed a lawsuit to block the release of some records, citing privacy concerns, as CNN previously reported.
“The entire Saget family is grateful that the Judge granted their request for an injunction to preserve Bob’s dignity, as well as their privacy rights, especially after suffering this unexpected and tragic loss. We are pleased this issue has been resolved, and the healing process can continue to move forward. All of the prayers and well wishes continuously extended to the family are beyond appreciated,” Saget family attorney Brian Bieber said in a statement to CNN.
Saget, 65, was found dead in his hotel room in Orlando, Florida, in January. The Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office determined that his death was accidental, most likely due to him falling backward and striking his head.
On Monday, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN The Orange County, Fla., Sheriff’s Department completed its investigation……….snip……..